Christihella!

Christihella



Yay! I was having a sleepover with my best friend, Christine! Squee! We always have a lot of fun when we are together. We are so different! I am a blonde, she is a brunette. I have eyes like an emerald and she has like a sapphire. I am mild while she is wild!

***

“Knock Knock!” “Yippee! Chris is here.”, I thought to myself and opened the door. “Hi, Claire!”, she spoke and gave me a humongous hug! She greeted my dad, “Hi, Mr. Rockelle! Oooohh, I smell my favorite, Cheese, and pepper lasagne! Thanks! We both raced to my room. Which is on the second floor. We were playing ‘Twister’ when I noticed Christine’s nails, they looked sharp and pointy as if it could tear flesh in one scratch. She must have observed me staring at her nails, so she said, “When I woke up today they were my usual nails, How did they change?” “That’s strange” We threw that thought out of our minds and started talking about school.

 

***

“Claire! Christine! It’s time for Dinner!”, My dad yelled from downstairs. So we went down. “Umm, Ith tho nithe”, she babbled. We all laughed. She had taken 3 big servings in just 5 mins. I looked at dad, he was as puzzled as I was. Usually, Chris barely finishes 1 small serving in 15 mins. “Hey, Frank, Can I have some more?”, she asked my father in a deep and commanding voice. (My dad’s name is Frank) We were shocked! Chris always referred to my dad as Mr. Rockelle and her voice had deepened. “Sure!” He cut a slice and placed it on her plate and passed it to her. But, Christine shoved it back to him and took the entire pan, and swallowed the leftover in one gulp! (There were 3 large slices inside!) “Umm, That was delicious, but maybe you could have added some blood inside”. “Christine, Are you okay?, ``Do you want to lie down?”, Dad suggested looking worried for her. “No, Of course, I am okay and the lasagne was awesome, Wow, Claire! You finished 3 slices in just 1 min! That’s cool!”, she said in her normal voice. “Chris, You just ate those slices in one gulp!”, I told her. Dad nodded. "What are you talking about? I didn't eat it. 3 Slices in 1 gulp! I could barely eat 1 slice in 15 mins.", she opposed. You should have seen my face! I seemed like a rodent lost in a maze.  After that everyone ate quietly without uttering a single word. When dinner was over, I started keeping everything back to its place before going up when - “Hey! Claire! Leave it to Frank! Let him do everything. Let’s g-”, Christine’s voice had deepened again but this time a little creepy. I couldn’t take it anymore so I interrupted her - “Chris, What is happening to you? She scowled. “No one interrupts me! How dare you!” She shouted. It had taken me by surprise. Before I could even say something, - “Claire, here, let me help you. After we are done, we can go up.”, she said cheerfully as if nothing had happened. I remained silent, trying to figure out what was happening. 

***

Christine and I had gone to my room and had started watching a movie marathon. We had changed into matching onesies. We ha- “I am going to kill you!” I jumped! I was sure that someone had said that in my ear. The only person besides me was Chris. “Hey, did you hear something?”

“No, Why?” “Oh, Nothing” She started watching again. Maybe I just dreamed about it and started enjoying the horror movie. No sound came for a wh-“You will be dead by tomorrow morning!” I screamed. Christine immediately shut down the TV. “Are you okay? We can stop watching the movie.” It took me a while to settle down. “Yes, I am okay, I just heard a whisper” “Why did you scream?” “A while ago I heard someone say ‘I am going to kill you!’ and now ‘You will be dead by tomorrow morning!’ “ She looked puzzled and she didn’t hear anything. She proposed maybe I was just imagining things because of the movie. 

***


Dad had gone to his friend’s house so Christine and I were alone in the house.

We were trying out different hairdos when I noticed that there was more hair on her body compared to at dinner. They were not normal hair but thick, brown hair. After a while, I noticed that more hair had grown, ¾ of the body was all furry, like a gorilla. I didn’t know what to say! “Uh-Chris-uh-Maybe you should look in the mirror.” (Her eyes were closed as she had put cucumber on her eyes) “Why? So I can see my furry body?” “How does she know? Her voice has deepened again... OH...MY...GOD... Every inch of her body is covered.”, I thought and gulped. She turned around abruptly. I froze, my voice froze. I was horrified! I wish I hadn’t seen her face. Her face was covered in long dark brown hair. Nothing was visible, not her mouth, not her nose, not even her ears. Her iris, pupil, and eyeball were glowing red, bright bloody red. I gave a blood-curdling scream. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! “Chri-Chri-Chris, Who are yo-you?”. My voice was trembling, I could have sworn it had suddenly become really cold in there. “My name is NOT Chris! I am Christihella! Do you get it?”, Christihella roared! “Mmph”, that’s all I could say. She had her hand around my neck and had me in the air. Thud! She had let go of me. When I fell hard on the floor I realized she had grown twice the size. I dashed towards the washroom and locked myself in. My heart was pounding as if it could burst at any moment. I was trying to figure out what was happening, it was like solving an impossible puzzle. I gathered up some courage and unlocked the door. Oh, how I wish I hadn’t! ‘CHristihella’  was eating raw rats! First, she stabbed them with nails and then gulped them down. “I could still eat a horse! But a human wouldn’t be so bad…”, she said as she stared at me.


Written By Arya Bhingradia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glitch

Knock Knock

My Favourite Project