Knock Knock

Hey! You are back! Nice to see you again. Arya would be so happy when I tell her you stopped by. Arya had promised to show you 1 of her stories so if I don’t show you any, I would be in BIG trouble. Ah, Here you go.


I was wandering around in the cemetery. I live near the edge of Maple Hill Cemetery, it’s the only one in town. I like to go and see the gravestones. For me, it was just one other day. I walked up to the stones of the Thompsons. They were my favorite, I always go and place some flowers on their graves. As I was walking, I somehow started to feel uneasy. “It must be because I am in a cemetery”, I thought to myself and brushed off the feeling. After a while, it came again, as if someone was watching me. I couldn’t help myself but walk faster. There was no sound for a while so I slowed down and started picking some berries which had grown near the center. They were delicious! As soon as I was full, I started to head home. Oh boy! Was I tired? 

 

***

 

Snap! A twig broke! And It wasn’t because of me. “It must be a rabbit..” Again, I heard some rustling behind me. “It must be the same rabbit...” Thup... thup… I was alarmed. It's not like I was scared bu- Thup… Thup… “Now that’s definitely a person” I turned around, No one was there. I continued to walk but faster. Snap! Another twig broke from behi- Thup. Thup. Thup. Thup. 

Whoever was following me had picked up speed too. I broke into a run. I did not dare to look behind. It was still following me. 

“Maybe it’s just someone I know and is just pranking me” I gathered up some courage to look behind while still running. I slowly turned my head… Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!! I could have screamed but couldn’t. My voice had frozen. I couldn’t believe what I saw! A double! A double of me! The same honey blonde hair, those blue eyes, the-the same fair body, the nose, the- everything! Even the same cadet blue sweatshirt!  I ran for my life! THUD! I had slipped on the wet grass. Tears were streaming from my eyes, the fall had made me weak, but I continued to run. As soon as I reached home, I shut the door hard, Bam! No one was at home. Mom should have been there. That’s when I realized she had gone on a trip with dad! Oh no! 

Knock Knock… I jumped! Knock knock… “There is no way, I am going to open the door.” Knock Knock! It was louder this time. I gulped and thought of replying. “Maybe I should reply, what if it’s mom or dad?”  KNOCK! KNOCK!  “Who’s there?”I asked, shaking with fear. No reply. KNOCK!! KNOCK!! “Who’s there?”, I asked again. “It’s me! Isabelle!”, the person said. I froze, a cold chill went up to my spine. Isabelle was my twin sister who had died 1 year ago in a car accident. “Mom! Dad! Annabelle! Open the door!”, she shouted. I checked today’s date… It was the 18th of September! The date of the day before her death day! “Annabelle wake up”

I heard a faint voice that sounded like my mother. I stood up straight! I was in my bed, covered in sweat! My mom and dad were beside me, who was trying to calm me down. “What happened Annabelle? You were screaming in your sleep and mumbling Isabelle’s name. Are you all alright?’, she said worryingly. “Mom-Mom, what’s the date today? Are you going on a trip? Mom-Mom-Dad don’t leave me alone. You won’t, will you?”. I was still trembling because I was so shaken by the dream. “Anna, calm down. Today is the 19th of September, We are not going on a trip and why would we leave you alone?”, dad replied. “What happened? Did you have a bad dream?”, mom asked. “Yeah, a really bad one. But I guess after a stomach full of delicious waffles, I will be fine!”, I said with a chuckle. After breakfast, we had gone to the cemetery to visit Isabelle as it had been 1 year since she died. There, We all had a good cry. Later on, we had lunch, that’s when mom figured we had run out of groceries. “Is it okay if we go get the groceries while you are at home? Mrs. Martinez is going to come to give the notice board. Will you collect it?” I agreed. 

 

***

 

Knock! Knock! “I must be Mrs. Martinez”. It was her, so I collected the board and she left. 

 

***

 

Knock! Knock! “Who is here now?”, I thought to myself. I went to check the CCTV to see who was there but I couldn’t see anyone. “That’s strange”. SO I checked in the peephole… I gasped. A chill went down my spine. I ran to see the CCTV again and no one was there. “OH… MY… GOD…” I ran back to check the peephole. I gasped again but louder. The person outside was Isabelle. But she wasn’t visible on the camera. At first, I thought I was hallucinating. But then I was sure when Isabelle said- “Mom! Dad! Annabelle! Open the door! It’s me, Isabelle”

***

 

Ooooohhh, I am scared. “Knock knock.” Uh oh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glitch

My Favourite Project